In our previous post, we shared a simple tip to significantly boost your online revenue as a small business; in this article, we will discuss 4 main reasons your website speed is tied with your bottom-line.
It might sound a bit odd when you first read the tagline, so let me elaborate: have you ever tried a website on your mobile phone or desktop and it took forever to load? I am almost positive it has happened to each and every one of us at least once. So let’s see how page load speed can affect your bottom-line. Check your website speed for FREE!
1. First Impression is King… Make it Count!
According to experts, 79% of online visitors say they will go back to a website if load time was slow. Everything is about First Impressions these days and website speed is no different; your website visitors make an instant judgment of you and your business brand.
“IF IT’S FAST, IT MUST BE PROFESSIONAL!”
2. Numbers Don’t Lie!
Some hard facts:
- 47% of people expect your site to load in less than 2 seconds.
- 40% will abandon it entirely if it takes longer than 3 seconds.
Mobile visitors are no better when it comes to their expectations:
- 85% of internet users expect a mobile site to load as fast or faster than on their desktop
3. Website Speed Affects Conversion Rates
- 40% of visitors will abandon your website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load; that is equivalent to losing 4000 potential customers on avg. 10k monthly visits!
- Amazon did tests that showed they would lose $1.6 BILLION every year if they slowed down by just one second.
4. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Google indicates that site speed is one of the signals used by its algorithm to rank pages.
- Research has shown that Google might be specifically measuring time to first byte as when it considers page speed.